Enable realtime experiences such as group chat, live dashboards and streams, second-screen sync and more.
Features and Benefits
Only the PubNub Real-Time Network gives you Reliability, Performance, Service Guarantees and Massive Broadcast
Only the PubNub Real-Time Network gives you Reliability, Performance, Service Guarantees and Massive Broadcast. Learn more at http://www.pubnub.com/how-it-works/network/.
Data streamed through the PubNub Real-Time Network is instantly replicated to 14 geographically distributed data centers. Multiple levels of redundancy and failover ensure that your realtime app always works, everywhere.
Regardless of your audience size, location, or device, the PubNub Real-Time Network delivers under ¼ second latency just about everywhere in the world, even when syncing across millions of users.
The PubNub Premium SLA offers 7x24x365 phone support and up to 99.999% availability guarantees. PubNub Event SLAs provide proactive monitoring of your realtime apps during important events: TV shows, sports championships, award shows, and other critical time periods.
The PubNub Real-Time Network scales to deliver data synchronization to the largest of audiences. We’ve powered realtime apps for the Olympics, Eurocup, Super Bowl, Grammys and American Music Awards (AMAs) that sync millions of devices simultaneously for realtime voting, sentiment analysis, second screen ad sync, and more.
Stream data to global audiences on any device using persistent socket connections
Stream data to global audiences on any device using persistent socket connections. Learn more at http://www.pubnub.com/how-it-works/data-streams/.
What it does
- All the capabilities of WebSockets, Socket.IO, SignalR, WebRTC Data Channel and other streaming protocols
- Stream data and signal any device in realtime
- Stream data instantly to millions of users or signal devices one-to-one
- Manage dropped connections and catch up of missed messages
- Publish/Subscribe Model for realtime messaging and signaling
- Broadcast (one-to-many) realtime messages to a huge user base
- Unicast (one-to-one) signaling of devices via dedicated channels
- Multiplexing of multiple data streams on a single connection
- Server-Side Cache to automatically re-establish dropped connections and catch up messages
Detect when users enter/leave your app and whether machines are online
Detect when users enter/leave your app and whether machines are online. Learn more at http://www.pubnub.com/how-it-works/presence/.
What it does
- Presence detection to show who is online and when they leave
- Trigger events based on audience size
- Detect machine connections
- Critical for chat rooms, game lobbies and machine-to-machine
- Join/Leave Notification for immediate updates of all client connections
- Global Scale with synchronized servers across the PubNub Real-Time Network
- Occupancy to monitor user and machine presence in realtime
Store realtime message streams for future retrieval and playback
Store realtime message streams for future retrieval and playback. Learn more at http://www.pubnub.com/how-it-works/storage-and-playback/.
What it does
- Populate chat, collaboration and machine configuration on app load
- Store message streams with realtime data management
- Retrieve historical data streams for reporting, auditing and compliance (HIPAA, SOX, Data Protection Directive, and more)
- Replay live events with delivery of realtime data during rebroadcasting
- Storage of all realtime data for any length of time
- History to retrieve messages across a time period
- Replay of all messages in the order and time originally sent
Fallback to Push Notifications when App is offline, with massively scalable multicast support
Fallback to Push Notifications when App is offline, with massively scalable multicast support. Learn more at http://www.pubnub.com/how-it-works/mobile/.
What it does
- Deliver mobile push notifications to iOS and Android devices, even when an app is offline
- Seamless fallback to Push Notifications (Real-Time socket connection attempted first)
- Automatic Push to millions of devices with a single Publish
- Push messages across mobile, browser, desktop and server with a single API
- Channel Push for the delivery of high volumes of parallel push notifications instantly
- Push Support for iOS and Android, with real-time connectivity for Blackberry, Windows 8, Symbian, Titanium, Corona, PhoneGap and more
- Message Queuing ensures delivery of messages even with mobile connection dropouts
See a live view of audience size, engagement and geography and simulate an audience of millions
See a live view of audience size, engagement and geography and simulate an audience of millions. Learn more at http://www.pubnub.com/how-it-works/analytics/.
What it does
- Get up-to-the-second visibility into traffic, usage and peaks by region with realtime analytics
- Ensure your app scales to large audiences by simulating millions of members and actions
- Realtime Maps and Graphs to view audience, usage and stats
- Audience Analysis to correlate in-app events to geographic usage
- Access to Raw Streaming Data to build your own visualization and correlations
- Audience Simulation to test your app with different scenarios of growth and usage
Protect your apps with enterprise-grade encryption and fine-grain access control
Protect your apps with enterprise-grade encryption and fine-grain access control. Learn more at http://www.pubnub.com/how-it-works/security/.
What it does
- Secure all communications with multiple data encryption standards like AES and SSL
- Manage permission for your realtime apps and data, down to the person, device or channel
- Encryption, including built-in AES encryption for all major PubNub APIs and optional SSL encryption
- PubNub Access Manager for fine grain Publish and Subscribe permissions down to person, device or channel
- Physical Security & Compliance, including SSAE 16 certified data centers, strict operations policies and safe harbor compliance
To use this add-on:
You will need to visit the vendors website at https://admin.pubnub.com/#/register and sign up for their service.
You can also visit the documentation link below to view the specifics of how their service integrates with OpenShift Online.